Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentine's Day. Ugh.

Alright. It's time to be honest. 
I.
HATE.
Valentine's Day.
Or what it is in today's society anyway.
It's turned into a money making tactic for candy and card companies.
What happened to raw, genuine shows of affection? 
I mean, I don't need a random day in the beginning of the year for someone to show their love for me. I'd rather see affection year round and spontaneously. I don't want a heart shaped box of candy or some overpriced card. (Although it is nice sometimes, especially if your significant other writes a note in the card instead of just "Love you".) I want a random bottle of Cranberry Sprite (petition to make it year round instead of seasonal. Amen???) in the middle of Winter because you thought of me at a gas station; Flowers that smell nice during the Spring because you saw they were my favorite color; My favorite candy in the Summer because we were going to a movie later and you thought I'd want a snack (and you are ABSOLUTELY correct.); A movie/cuddle session in the Fall because you missed me. I don't want one day a year for someone to spend a TON of money on me just because it's the holiday of love. Give it to me year round and I'll still love you just as much. That's why I hate this day. Sorry romantics and William Shakespeare. 


However...








HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!! 
Time to wait and see how much clearance candy I can buy tomorrow. ❤😅

No comments:

Post a Comment