Sunday, February 10, 2019

Welcome to My Blog!

This blog is meant to share my personal journey of self discovery, love, religion, femininity, heartbreak, lost friendships, loss of loved ones, and lost hope. For the past six years, I've struggled to find confidence in not only myself but in my writings as well. A little heads up. I can NOT rhyme to save my life. It'll be very rare if any of you see a piece of my work that has rhyming in it. I'll be posting pretty much whenever I feel like it and feel free to comment, even if it's negative feedback. I don't care, as long as there is no harassment or provocative things. Feedback is definitely needed. I have dreamed for pretty much my whole life to be published and I am working on it. I have been writing short stories and poetry since I was eight years old. As of 2019, I have been doing this for TWELVE years. That's just insane to me. That little eight year old stuck in a world of tutus and Care Bears was inspired to write by her second grade teacher. She had us cut out things from old magazines and create some story about the pictures. My very first one was about a baby in a Gerber ad. I named him Billy I think. Anyway, I had a wild imagination then. As I grew up, my imagination tamed a bit. Now at almost twenty years old, I still freak out over seeing rainbows after an afternoon storm and I absolutely still love Care Bears. I may be older, but I'm still a kid at heart. This little kid has been THROUGH THE RINGER. It all pretty much started in fourth grade when one of my best friends moved away and never told me she was leaving. Fifth grade- first boyfriend that dated me and my best friend and my dog passed away. (RIP Buddy.) Sixth grade- anxiety and bullying. The list goes on and on. It all seems pretty normal, right? Dramatic teen years full of raw emotion. I think it's quite a story to tell. We should be embracing our emotions and realize that our reactions to traumatic experiences are VALID. Anyway, welcome to my blog. Sit back, relax, and read some mediocre poetry that doesn't even rhyme. This is my therapy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment