Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Story: Chapter One. Falling.

*Names have been changed for privacy reasons.*

This isn't a typical love story.
At all.
It's not some Romeo and Juliet thing where the fighting stops at the end.
To this day, my mind still floods with negativity and anxiety from everything.
Let's start at the beginning, shall we?

Band camp. Freshman year. Another start to an amazing school year with my best friends. We were all sitting in the front row before camp started, just catching up from the memories of a summer that flew past.

Then he walked in.
Holy.
Mother.
Theresa.
My THEN friend Kelly noticed him first. "Oh my goodness. WHO IS THAT? He's really cute."
I turned around, changing my fate for the next two years.
He was tall, had sandy brown hair, and looked terrified of nothing.
His emerald eyes met my gaze and I turned back around blushing. We all asked each other if we knew him. Nobody did.
Who was this mystery guy?

For months, I thought about this guy. I dated Kelly and realized that I'm open to loving anyone. That ended quickly. Then I dated one of my close guy friends and learned he didn't care about me, only my body and what I could offer him. But even when I was dating someone else, my mind was on green eyes. He and I became really close friends. He was there for me when I FINALLY broke it off with that guy who spread nasty, sexual rumors about me. He hugged me for the first time that day. I was upset and angry and crying because I knew that in dating this person, I had lost a really great friend and learned that he isn't who I thought he was. He wiped my tears off my face and tried to uplift me but all I could think about was his strong arms wrapped around me.
I had found comfort for the first time in a long time.

Jump to about a month later, and we had been talking nonstop. He still hugged me sometimes and I couldn't shake the feeling of needing him. The day of our hometown Christmas parade, IT WAS FREEZING. Our director made us get there an hour early so we could warm up our instruments and be ready to start the parade. But we finished playing early and we all sat down. Green eyes came up to me and sat beside me, holding his ice cold saxophone. My heart jolted. I was in love with a guy who probably didn't feel the same.

He noticed my shivering hands and held them. He saw that I was still cold and wrapped his arms around me for a good 30 minutes. Our friends kept asking if we were together. We'd both turn a shade of scarlet and deny it.
Little did we know that we would wind up together by the end of the night.

One text conversation while I was cleaning my room and listening to "I Don't Love You" by My Chemical Romance (because I will forever be stuck in my emo phase) changed our answers.
"So...What are we?"
"What do you mean?"
"You can't deny that you felt something too."
"Yeah, you're right...Do you want to be more than this?"
"I think I'd like that...What about you..?"
"I think so too."
And POOF.
We were together.
All I know is that I couldn't wait until Monday to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment